Here are some safety tips for dealing with winter storms:
The Community Services Department maintains 80 miles of Township roads during the winter months. The Township is reimbursed by PennDOT for snow removal on 20.25 miles of State roads (not including Route 8). Middle Road and Duncan Avenue are maintained by Allegheny County.
- Clear Township roadways of any parked vehicles. If this is not possible, leave adequate clearance for the trucks and plows.
- Refrain from placing garbage/recycling cans until Sunday evening when streets are cleared.
- Do not shovel snow from driveways onto roadways. This creates hazardous conditions for all vehicles and is prohibited by Township ordinance.
- If you have a fire hydrant on your property, please remember to clear a path from the hydrant to the street.
- Exercise caution when shoveling. Remember to help neighbors who may need special assistance.
Have you ever thought about becoming involved with public service, helping your community, promoting your local government, serving your neighbors and friends? Here’s your opportunity... Read on...