UPDATED TOWNSHIP OPERATIONAL CHANGES DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) - MARCH 23, 2020
Governor Wolf issued a Stay-At-Home order for a number of counties, including ALLEGHENY COUNTY. There is no curfew at this time, but the order goes into place at 8:00 pm this evening and is in effect for two weeks. This order emphasizes that individuals in the county, to the extent possible, should stay at home and distance themselves from others. There is no change to the life-sustaining businesses and waivers that have previously been in place, or to the requirements for restaurants to limit their operations to take-out and delivery.
The Township’s administrative and office related operations are closed until further notice.
The Community Park facilities, including the playgrounds and sports courts, are closed until further notice.
The following upcoming meetings/events are rescheduled or cancelled:
- Township Council’s March 25th meeting is rescheduled to April 22nd
- Coffee Conversation with the Manager scheduled for March 23rd and 25th
- Zoning Hearing Board, Environmental Advisory Council, and Planning Commission meetings cancelled until further notice
- Township Council’s April 2nd Strategic Planning Meeting is cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date
Below is a list of each Township department relating to their status and contact information. If you email a Township representative, please be advised that the response may be delayed due to the closure of the administrative offices.
Should you have any questions, the Manager’s Office will be maintaining limited office hours. Contact information is as follows:
Assistant Township Manager/Community Relations, Susan Bernet - email@example.com or 412-486-0400 ext. 1303
Municipal Manager, Chris Lochner - Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-486-0400 ext. 1305
Thank you for your patience regarding this matter…stay safe!!!
The collection of your garbage and recycling has not been affected and is still on your normal collection day. However, the Township has been notified by Waste Management that their residential call centers are temporarily closed to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. They are encouraging residents to check wm.com for the latest updates, to register for text and email alerts, and to chat with their virtual assistant. They are working on implementing remote call centers. Should you have a complaint regarding your garbage/recycling service, please email email@example.com or call 412-486-0400 ext. 1303.
3/23/20 Waste Management Update - effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020, Waste Management is temporarily suspending the performance of the following services, which are non-essential during this period of emergency:
- Bulk Collection-furniture, carpet, mattresses, appliances, etc.
- Spring and bulk clean-ups
- Yard Waste Collection–grass clippings, brush, tree limbs, etc.
All trash/refuse must be bagged & sealed (and wherever possible) placed in containers. LOOSE ITEMS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
All recyclable materials must be placed inside recycling bin (including cardboard). ITEMS LEFT OUTSIDE OF BIN, WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
WM will enforce (bag and/or cart limits), as reflected in our current contract.
Lien Letters for Real Estate Closings and Refinances
All lien letters will not be processed until administrative operations resume. Should you have a lien letter that is currently in the process and you have questions, please leave a message for the Lien Letter Clerk at 412-486-0400 ext. 1301. The Clerk will respond to you once the office re-opens.
HAMPTON SHALER WATER AUTHORITY (ALTHOUGH IN THE SAME BUILDING, SEPARATE ENTITY FROM THE TOWNSHIP)
The Authority’s payment collection center at the Municipal Building is closed. Payments may be dropped off at the outside drop off box located on the Water Authority side of the Municipal Building. Payments may also be sent by mail or made online at www.hswa-pa.org or by telephone.
The Authority’s business offices will remain open for regular business hours; however, no walk-in traffic will be permitted.
Police emergency operations will not be limited, however, the method of communication and service for non-life-threatening calls will be altered. Police Officers will be limiting access to confined areas including homes and businesses. For report calls, officers will be requesting callers to meet outside and will maintain a social distance. If and when possible, Officers will be requesting phone numbers to take reports by phone or may request emails for detailed information.
We strongly request that you be honest about any illnesses when requesting assistance from police, fire, and EMS. Our first responders cannot provide the necessary services if they have been exposed to a potential virus. If you believe you are experiencing the symptoms of the Coronavirus, follow the directives of the CDC and communicate with your doctor to determine the best measures.
The Hampton Police Department, Fire Departments and the Shaler Hampton EMS are here and will continue to provide the services you need. It may look and feel much different, but we will provide the service regardless.
COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT (RECREATION & PUBLIC WORKS):
The Community Park facilities, including the sports courts and playgrounds are CLOSED until further notice.
The ballfields are closed and will remain closed until further notice.
The Compost Bathroom in the park has been temporarily closed; porta johns have been placed in the park.
Community Center is closed until further notice.
All current 13 Programs in Session including; Swim Lessons, Aqua Aerobics, Youth Dance, Zumba Gold, Pilates, Tuesday and Thursday Beginners Tai Chi, Fit for Life, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday Yoga and Thursday Zumba – the Township will offer partial refunds equal to the number of classes left or credits to future programs.
All Proposed 12 Upcoming Programs including Beginning Line Dancing, Youth Dance in April and May, Zumba Gold, Pilates, Tuesday and Thursday Tai Chi, Fit for Life and the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday Yoga Programs have been cancelled. The Township will offer refunds or credits to future Community Center Programs upon request.
Pool passes, including Early Bird Passes – The Early Bird Pool Pass discount has been extended to May 1, 2020. Applications can be mailed in along with a check payment (no cash being accepted), or you can go on-line to purchase pool passes. You can also use the Township’s Drop Off Box located at the Municipal Building located along the wall next to the Hampton Shaler Water Authority entrance.
Contacting the Community Services Department Staff (please be advised that staff will respond when administrative operations resume):
- Community Center Front Desk – 412-486-0400 exts. 1370 / 1371
- Community Services Director, Kevin Flannery at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions relating to Programs, Classes, etc., Bill Ryder at email@example.com
- For questions relating to the Day Camp Program, Amber Pucciarelli at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions relating to Community Center rentals, JoAnn Radage at email@example.com
DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/LAND-USE – (BUILDING PERMITS, LAND USE, ZONING ISSUES, ETC.)
In-Person Office Availability:
- The Community Development/Land Use Department is closed until further notice.
Permit / Document Submissions:
- No building permit applications will be accepted until the administrative office re-opens.
- Approved building permits cannot be retrieved from the Township until the office re-opens.
- Building/land use permit information can be found:
- Permit applications are available at the Municipal Building, or on the Township’s website at: https://www.hampton-pa.org/169/Permits
- Land Use Applications are available upon request via email, or on the Township’s website at: https://www.hampton-pa.org/241/Land-Development
- All Township related code inspections have ceased until further notice.
- Questions regarding inspection results or code enforcement letters can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; the Township will respond when possible.
Contacting the Community Development/Land-Use Department Staff (staff will respond when administrative operations resume):
- The Township Land Use Administrator, Amanda Gold-Lukas, is available via email at Amanda.email@example.com, or the phone at 412-486-0400 x 1307
- For questions related to permits or permit applications, please contact the Township Permit Clerk, Sally Pascucci, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the phone at 412-486-0400 x 1304.
- For questions related to variances and land use applications, please contact the Land Use Assistant, Colleen Perrucci, at email@example.com or the phone at 412-4860-0400 x 1327.
- For all complaints, please contact the Assistant Township Manager, Susan Bernet, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the phone at 412-486-0400 x 1303. Complaints can also be submitted via the Township website (link: https://www.hampton-pa.org/requesttracker.aspx)
- For Building Permit inspections, please contact the Building Inspector, Chris Jolliffe with Code.sys Code Consulting, at 412-821-0337 x 54.
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES (SANITARY SEWER) DEPARTMENT
Dye Testing Program
- Dye tests will not be processed by staff until administrative operations resume.
- Tap applications will be not accepted and inspections will not be completed until administrative operations resume.
Contacting the Environmental Services Department staff (staff will respond when administrative operations resume):
James Degnan, Environmental Services Director, email@example.com , 412-486-0400 ext. 1312
PLEASE MONITOR THE TOWNSHIP’S WEBSITE AND FACEBOOK PAGE FOR INFORMATION REGARDING THE CORONAVIRUS, CDC AND COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCEMENTS AS WELL AS TOWNSHIP OPERATIONS AS WE MOVE THROUGH THIS CRISIS TOGETHER. THANK YOU!
3/23/20 - Governor Wolf's issued a Stay-At-Home Order for a number of counties, including ALLEGHENY COUNTY. The order goes into place at 8:00 pm this evening for two weeks. There is no change to the life-sustaining businesses and waivers that have previously been in place, or the requirements for restaurants to limit their operations to take-out and delivery.
Updated list (3-20-20) of life-sustaining businesses is here
Hampton Community Park facilities, including playgrounds and sports courts, are closed until further notice.
The following is the latest information that the Township has received from the Allegheny County Department of Emergency Services:
A.C. Dept. of Emergency Services 4/3/2020 Update
Stay-At-Home Order Guidance
Order Closing All Non-Life Sustaining Businesses - List
Allegheny County COVID-19 Map
ACHD Rumor Control Link
FEMA Rumor Control Link
ACHD Resource Page
ACHD News Release Page
PA Department of Health Information
CDC "self checker" link- allows individuals to answer a
few questions, and then offers advice. Also provides
information on how to care for yourself at home.
CDC release - Keeping workplaces, homes, etc. safe
UPMC Testing & Testing Sites
AHN Testing & Testing Sites
Restaurant List - Take-out and delivery options in Hampton
Pittsburgh Cares - organization working
on assembling resources for those wanting
to help and those organizations & individuals
who need it.