Hampton Township Council held their Regular Meeting on June 27th; actions from the meeting included, but not limited to:
- Adopted Resolution No. 992 establishing a social media policy (establishes guidelines for the use of Township social media sites by employees and residents/users)
- Adopted Resolution No. 993 authorizing the submittal of a Multimodal Transportation Fund grant regarding the Community Park Loop Trail ($500,000 grant request)
- Authorized the purchase of a traffic camera system for the Route 8/Hardies Roads intersection through the Capital Improvement Program Budget
- Authorized the purchase of four (4) Portable Breath Testing units through the Capital Improvement Program Budget
- Accepted the Shaler Township road resurfacing bids relating to the Felicity Avenue paving project
- Authorized to advertise for bids regarding the Storm Water Detention Pond Maintenance Program. Includes the following detention ponds (dependent on bids received): Oakhurst Plan North of Loop, Topnick Drive-Hidden Pond (inflow/outflow area), The Villa #2, and Trillium Trail.
- Suspended the morning & afternoon Kids Club Program for the upcoming school year, due to a lack of program staff. The Township and School District continue to work on options similar to this program.
- Authorized to advertise a proposed Massage Therapy Establishments Ordinance (public hearing scheduled for August 8, 2018)
- Referred the Windmont Farms Preliminary PRD (18-06). This is a proposed development of approximately 63 acres off S. Pioneer Road (Chalfant property) as a Planned Residential Development. The proposed development will consist of 12 duplexes and 40 single family houses for a total of 64 units. A public hearing before Township Council is scheduled for August 8, 2018 for the PRD request. A variance request to the Zoning Hearing Board will be made requesting relief from Zoning Ordinance requirements for replacement trees. Please check the Township's website for additional meeting (Planning Commission/EAC/ZHB) meeting dates regarding this application - http://www.hampton-pa.org/251/Currently-Under-Review
- Discussed the following community events - The success of the recent Depreciation Lands Museum Explore Front Foods Events held on June 24th, the July 3rd Community Celebration at the Hampton Community Park, and the July 22nd Active Shooter Response (ALICE) Training for Hampton residents (registration required).
For more detailed information regarding these and other items discussed at the meeting, the minutes will be on the July 25, 2018 agenda for approval and then posted on the Township's website. All resolutions/ordinances adopted by Council are posted on the Township's website under "Council Legislative Actions".