Hampton Township Council held their Regular Meeting on September 27th; actions from the meeting included, but not limited to:
- Public Hearing held regarding proposed changes to the Zoning Ordinance. There being no public comments or concerns during the public hearing, Council enacted Ordinance No. 797 amending the Zoning Ordinance.
- Girl Scout Troop #53245 gave a presentation before Council proposing bicycle lanes as well as more sidewalks throughout the community as part of their Breathe Journey campaign and ways to improve the environment and residents' health.
- Endorsed the appointment of Robert Omecene as the Township's new Finance Director (Mr. Omecene will begin work with the Township on October 2nd).
- Awarded a contract to Waste Management for the collection of garbage, recycling, and household hazardous waste through the North Hills COG bid process for 2018 through 2021 with an optional one year extension (2018 rates to increase by approximately 10% mainly due to a change in the recycling market as well as the production rate for the automated recycling carts; there will be an approximate 3% increase for each remaining year of the contract --- Waste Management was the sole bidder).
- Approved 2018 Minimum Municipal Obligations for the Township's employee pension plans.
- Adopted Resolution No. 964 authorizing the Municipal Manager to sign a PennDOT application for the Traffic Signal Improvements along the Route 8 corridor.
- Authorized the advertisement of an ordinance amending the General Employees Pension Plan.
- Authorized the advertisement of an ordinance relating to Act 172 Volunteer Firefighter Earned Income Tax credits.
- Authorized the replacement of the Underground Storage Fuel Tank Monitoring System.
- Referred the Wagner-Wildwood Subdivision/Lot Consolidate (17-06) and the Hartwood Realty Partners Conditional Use (17-07) requests to the Planning Commission and Environmental Advisory Council.
- Authorized the advertisement of a Public Hearing to be held on November 15, 2017 related to the Hartwood Realty Partners Conditional Use request (request is to include a take-out deli business along with a previously approved small retail sales business at the intersection of Middle Road and Harts Run Road).
For more detailed information regarding these and other items discussed at the meeting, the minutes will be on the September 27, 2017 agenda for approval and posted on the Township's website afterwards.