Hampton Township Council held their Regular Meeting on Wednesday, July 24th; actions from the meeting included, but not limited to:
- Ratified the Emergency Operations Declaration taken by the Council President on July 11, 2019 due to flooding in the area
- De-certified the current part-time police eligibility list
- Authorized to advertise and accept applications for the position of part-time police officer
- Appointed Benjamin Brown and Anthony Phillips to the position of full-time police officers
- Authorization of the Community Services Director to seek bids regarding the installation of additional backstop for Baseball Field Complex
- Presentation made by Eric Tissue from KLH Engineers regarding the upcoming Glannon Pump Station Project as well as the Water Pollution Control Plant Upgrade Project
- Approved the Uhl Contractor's Revised Site Plan, with conditions, to add a 10,000 square foot storage building to the property located at 4537 Wildwood Sample Road
- Approved the Wildwood Golf Club Revised Site Plan, with conditions, for the installation of four paddleball courts and other improvements to their property located at 2195 Sample Road.
- Tabled the proposed ordinance updating the oil & gas regulations in the Zoning Ordinance until the August 28, 2019 Council meeting for the purpose of further review by the Township's legal counsel
- Appointed Hal English, Chris Schove, Merrit DesLauriers, and Leah McConnell to the Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee
- Authorized the advertisement for a public hearing and possible enactment of an ordinance amending the Zoning Ordinance to remove the requirement for zoning inspections - public hearing scheduled for Wednesday, August 28, 2019
- Referred the Wildwood Golf Club Pool Cabana & Addition Revised Site Plan to the Planning Commission and Environmental Advisory Council
- Discussed upcoming events, including the Farmers Market held every Wednesday from 3-7 pm, Christmas in July Pool Party scheduled for July 25th, and the Hampton Community Association Pool Party/Concert scheduled for August 9th
For more detailed information regarding these and other items discussed at the meeting, the minutes will be on the August 28, 2019 agenda for approval and posted on the Township's website afterwards.