Hampton Township Council held their Regular Meeting on Wednesday, October 28th; actions from the meeting included:
- Appointed M. Richard Dunlap to fill the vacancy on Township Council created by the recent resignation of Martha Hunkele. Mr. Dunlap will fill this seat until the next available local election, which is in 2021.
- Appointed Council President, Michael Peters, as the Township representative regarding the 2021 Allegheny League of Municipalities Banner Community re-certification.
- Authorized to advertise the public hearing in accordance with the proposed 2021 Township Budget for Wednesday, December 9, 2020.
- Authorized the advertisement of the appropriate 2021 Budget related ordinances (Tax Millage, Township Budget, Capital Improvement, and Stormwater Management ordinances).
- Tabled the proposed ordinance amending the Township's street opening regulations until the December meeting agenda.
- Awarded a contract to North Rock Construction in the amount of $141,704.00 regarding the Saddle Drive and Timberlane Drive Storm Sewer Projects.
- Approved the $90,000 change order regarding the Glannon Pump Station Project.
- Recognized the Environmental Service Department employees for their recent awards received by the Western Pennsylvania Water Pollution Control Association.
- Approved the Balestrino Simple Subdivision located at 2818 E. Elfinwild Road.
- Adopted Resolution No. 1035 related to the Rice Sewer Planning Module Exemption.
- Approved a partial release of funds from the Hampton Place Final Conservation Subdivision.
- Tabled the request for release of funds from the Wildwood Sports Center (aka North Park Sports Complex) Revised Site Plan/Lot Consolidation.
- Authorized the advertisement of a public hearing related to the 3141 Harts Run Road Interior Only Conditional Use. Applicant is requesting approval to open a wine tasting room in the lower suite of the previously approved two-unit commercial building at 3141 Harts Run Road. The Zoning Ordinance lists "alcohol sales" as conditional use in the Neighborhood Commercial zoning district.
- Authorized the advertisement of a proposed ordinance establishing a new Comprehensive Fee Schedule.
- Discussed upcoming events, including Trick-or-Treating on October 31st between 6 and 8 pm, and Election Day on November 3rd from 7 am to 8 pm (your regular polling place).
For more detailed information regarding these and other items discussed at the meeting, the minutes will be on the November 18, 2020 agenda for approval and posted on the Township's website.