How do I dispose of Household Hazardous Materials/Waste

As part of the residential solid waste and recycling contract with Waste Management, you have a convenient opportunity to dispose of your household generated special materials- safely, easily and responsibly. Examples of acceptable materials include, but not limited to: automotive products (i.e. antifreeze, hydraulic fluid, motor oil, polishes), garden chemicals (i.e. insect sprays, weed killers, fertilizers), paint (i.e. latex, oil-based, thinners), household cleaners (i.e. bleach, drain cleaner, tile cleaners, rust remover), flammable & combustible materials (i.e. gasoline, solvent), swimming pool chemicals, mercury, miscellaneous household items (i.e. hobby glue, driveway sealer), vehicle batteries, fluorescent tubes and CFL's, televisions, computers, VCR's, phones, CD players. To participate, you must set up a collection appointment with Waste Management, by one of the following ways: 1) go to, 2) 1-800-449-7587, or 3) e-mail at Should you have any further questions, please contact the Township office at 412-486-0400 ext. 1303.

Show All Answers

1. What are the rates and rules for garbage removal?
2. Is garbage/recycling pick-up through Waste Management mandatory?
3. How do I dispose of electronic devices (computers, laptops, monitors and televisions)?
4. How do I dispose of Household Hazardous Materials/Waste
5. How can I dispose of Yard Waste (leaves, tree limbs, shrubbery, etc.)
6. What holidays will delay garbage/recycling pick up?
7. What should I do if I have a rodent control issue?
8. When is Halloween celebrated?
9. What should I know about ticks and tick-borne diseases?