What do I do if I’m having sewer problems?

If you are experiencing problems with your sewer service, there are many things that may be causing it. In all cases, you should first determine whether the problem is local to your home or is being experienced by your neighbors as well. If many homes are suffering from the same problem, you should call the Township of Hampton's Environmental Services Department to inform them of the situation. If the problem is just in your home, there are different choices you should make depending on the situation. If you have slow drainage, you may have a blockage in your system, most often caused by disposing cooking grease and large foreign objects in the sewer system. Tree roots also can cause sluggish drainage when they infiltrate the sewers. Contact the Environmental Services Department first at 412-486-0400, extension 1312 or 1303, between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, to see if they can help you quickly solve your problem or refer your problem to a specialist. If you have a sewer backup up problem after business hours, contact the Hampton Township Police Department by dialing 911.

Show All Answers

1. What do I do if I’m having sewer problems?
2. Where do I find information about Storm Water Compliance Testing (Dye Testing)?
3. Are Flushable Wipes Flushable?