What do I need if I'm putting a fence on my property?

In order to build a fence, including invisible fences or underground pet fences, in the Township of Hampton, one must obtain a fence permit. The requirements for building a fence are found in Section 310-72 of the Zoning Ordinance No. 776. For more information about fence permits and fees, please contact the Permitting Department located at 3101 McCully Road, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, or call the department at 412-486-0400.

Show All Answers

1. What is the process for obtaining a building permit?
2. What types of structures require a permit?
3. How long will it take to get an answer on my permit application?
4. Will I need engineered plans?
5. Can I use a hard top / retractable / auto cover instead of a fence for my in-ground pool?
6. Do I need a permit to install or improve a driveway or patio?
7. Can I get a verbal answer on my plans?
8. What do I need if I'm putting a fence on my property?
9. How do I schedule a building inspection?
10. Can I have chickens on my property?
11. What do I need if I'm putting in a pool or hot tub?
12. What do I need if I have to do excavation on my property?
13. How do I get a demolition permit?
14. How do I go about getting a conditional use permit?